Matt Dusk: "My Funny Valentine: The Chet Baker Songbook" (new album!)




Matt Dusk My Funny Valentine: The Chet Baker Songbook

One of my favorite jazz singers that is of the younger generation and bringing to the masses and keeping it fresh is the Canadian crooner Matt Dusk. Matt's brand new album; "My Funny Valentine: The Chet Baker Songbook" pays respect to the legend Chet Baker which many have done and many have not lived up to the standard in which they place themselves into. This time Matt Dusk comes with guns blazing and the right sounding that would make Chet Baker smile. When doing this songbook to Chet Baker, Matt Dusk stated; “Ultimately if you try to copy somebody, it’s always going to be a second-generation copy. The way I approached the songs was to make it about me doing them, my way.”

Matt Dusk has a gigantic 80-piece orchestra to back him up to instill that proper lush, jazz sound of the era. The famed Arturo Sandoval is on trumpet along with Emilie-Claire Barlow (Juno Award winning singer), and flugelhornist/trumpeter Guido Basso are all on helm to make it a truly classy album done right.

       
Album track listing:
  • I Fall In Love Too Easily                       
  • My Funny Valentine with Arturo Sandoval
  • Time After Time with Arturo Sandoval
  • Angel Eyes
  • Embraceable You with Emilie-Claire Barlow
  • Come Rain Or Come Shine
  • Deep In a Dream
  • All The Way
  • There Will Never Be Another You
  • That Old Feeling
  • Let's Get Lost with Arturo Sandoval
  • Someone to Watch Over Me with Guido Basso
 












 

0 comments:

Post a Comment